Jim Sciutto Biography
James Ernest Sciutto is well-known as an American news anchor and former government official who has as well been the chief national security correspondent for CNN from September 2013.
How Old is Jim Sciutto? – Age
Born on 10 March 1970, in United States, he is currently 53 years old, with his birthday falling on 10 March.
How Tall is Jim Sciutto? – Height
The CNN news anchor stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches.
Jim Sciutto’s Mother, Father, Siblings – Family
Sciutto was born and raised in the United States as the son of Elizabeth Sciutto and Ernest Sciutto. Likewise, his father died in 2007 and was a US Navy veteran.
Sciutto went to St. Ignatius Loyola School prior to Regis High School in Manhattan. In addition, he is of Italian and Irish descent. Besides, Sciutto is a 1992 graduate of Yale College (Pierson) where he focused in Chinese history and graduated cum laude.
Is Jim Sciutto Married? – Wife
Sciutto got engaged to his wife Gloria Riviera, who works for ABC News as a correspondent. In addition, the two got married in 2006. They are as well blessed with three children named; Tristan James and Caden Charles; and a daughter named Sinclair Elizabeth.
Jim Sciutto’s CNN Career
Sciutto started his career in television as the moderator and also the producer of the PBS program The Student Press, and a weekly public affairs talk show aimed at college students. Moreover, Sciutto became the Hong Kong correspondent for Asia Business News, and also covered the return of Hong Kong to China in 1997.
In addition, Sciutto covered stories in China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, and South Korea. Likewise, he joined ABC News in 1998, serving in Chicago before moving to Washington, D.C. to cover the Pentagon
Sciutto became an appointee of the Obama administration, working as chief of staff and senior advisor to the U.S. Ambassador to China, Gary Locke. Additionally, in 2006, he married ABC News Correspondent Gloria Riviera in a Roman Catholic ceremony in Manhattan.
- Against Us (2018),
- The Shadow War: Inside Russia’s and China’s Secret Operations to Defeat America (2019)
- The Madman Theory: Trump Takes On the World (2020).
- Edward R. Murrow Award for his reporting from Iran during the 2009 election protests.
- George Polk Award for Television Reporting in 2007 for his undercover reporting inside Myanmar.
- Emmy awards in 2004 and 2005 for best story in a regularly scheduled newscast for his reporting in Iraq. Emmy nominations in 2008 for his reporting inside Myanmar and in 2005 for his reporting in Beslan, Russia during the school siege.
- Fulbright Fellow in Hong Kong from 1993 to 1994.
- Associate Fellow of Pierson College at Yale.
- Selected as a life member of the Council on Foreign Relations in 2008.
Jim Sciutto Salary and Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
Jim Sciutto’s Instagram
You can follow him on Instagram @jimsciutto